Saturday, March 9, 2013

Soha proud of her royal background


Soha_Alikhan
Though Soha Ali Khan comes from a royal background as she was born into family of the Nawab of Pataudi, she does not let that fact get into her head and keeps herself grounded. During a recent event for the promotion of her upcoming film ‘Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns’, the director Tigmanshu Dhulia mentioned that he chose Soha to play a princess in the film because she had a royal look and grace about her.
To this, Soha replied humorously saying, “”Oh yes, I even sleep in royal clothes.” And then went on to explain her values by saying, “It is true. When I was asked if I was comfortable playing my character because of my royal background, I did respond that way. But I was being facetious in merely stating how ‘unroyal’ my dress sense is. As a matter of fact, I am so bohemian in my dress code that only recently have I started wearing shoes instead of chappals.
So I was actually making fun of myself!” She said she was proud of her royal lineage and stated, “I embrace my identity. It is a privilege to come from the background that I do. And it is this background that put me in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s mind for my part as the princess in ‘Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns’. I am grateful for it.” The movie is the sequel to ‘Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster’ and is slated for release on March 8, 2013.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment